One woman's trash is another woman's accessory

About Me

My photo
Jewelry Designer originally from Louisville, KY( country girl by heart, city girl by nature). I've attended art school in Chicago and Los Angeles studying fashion design and fashion is my 1st love

Sunday, November 1, 2009

11.1.2009



I'm a major people watcher and Los Angeles is definitely the mecca of people watching. Just like television the city is filled with characters! From the bum waddling down Wilshire to the bohemian beauties strolling down Venice. Inspiration can come from anywhere. Though a lot of people say Los Angeles lacks the graceful style of New York City, you still have to appreciate the effortless chic that Los Angelino's express through their wardrobe inspired by the celebrities that reside in the city. Walking down the streets you'll see the girls inspired by Rihanna and Pink with spiky hawks draped in stud covered leather with sky high heeled boots, or the tipsy twenty somethings spilling into A-list nightclubs dawned in glitz, mini skirts, and Louboutin's similar to Jessica Simpson and Kim Kardasian. My favorite part is catching the locals with individual style like no other, quirky buttons and pins attached to ripped thrift store tees, hand me down retro duds mixed with modern designer accessories. I love to look as someone and think "why didn't I think of that first?!", after my jealousy passes I figure out how I can make that individuality my own and incorporate it into my art medium. I've used this inspiration in my new jewelry line brittney|miranda. You'll find unique bold beads and chains in trendy and unusual styles. Feel free to browse @ brittneymiranda.etsy.com :)

No comments:

Post a Comment